Here are our 5 top tips for online class management from Cambridge Assessment English:
1. Create a routine, just like in the normal classroom so your students know what to expect and how to behave
2. Use the chat box to send written instructions
3. Use the chat box to get feedback and answers from your students during the lesson. There’s no need to pick on one student now, they can all answer at the same time!
4. “Flip” the classroom. Have your students do the majority of their written work at home, and focus on production-type activities during the class.
5. Use platforms like Dropbox Paper or Google Docs to help students collaborate on projects in real time or asynchronously. Have them write in different colours and you can follow individual progress.
Discover more tips for teaching online: